Help the Friends of Haystack Rock
Donations are tax-deductible; Friends of Haystack Rock is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Be a Supporter. Your donation to Friends of Haystack Rock supports the vital work done at Haystack Rock.
Suggested Support Levels:
- $ 25 – Hairy Hermit Crab
- $ 50 – Giant Green Sea Anemone
- $100 – Black Oystercatcher
- $200 – Ochre Sea Star
- $500 – Nudibranch
- $1,000 –Tufted Puffin
- $ – Other
Every contribution makes a difference in our efforts to share the wonders of Haystack Rock. Consider how you can make a difference with your support such as:
- Signs protect nesting birds and bird scopes allow visitors at the bird scope station to see baby chicks or birds in flight
- Microscopes, tables and stools allow visitors to see tide pool inhabitants such as tidepool sculpins, plankton or hermit crabs up close
- HRAP interpreters point out unique tidepool inhabitants, various birds and share Haystack Rock geology creating a special experience
- Citizen Scientists participate in studies on the Sea Star Wasting Syndrome so future generations can enjoy Ochre Sea Stars
- Radio bands to enable data collection for Puffin research through the tufted Puffin satellite tagging project to begin addressing issues contributing to the decline of Tufted Puffins at Haystack Rock
- Audubon Society of Portland funding a volunteer coordinator to organize citizen science projects that focus on monitoring nesting success of Black Oystercatchers and Cormorants
Make a difference today, be a Supporter and donate now.
Become A Supporter
Our supporters are the backbone of our organization. Join us!